Saturday, November 15, 2008

Halloween

Here's my little clan on Halloween night. Pirate Girl, Dracula (Thanks Mom for making the cape), Hannah Montana, a Princess Ballerina out of the dress up box, and Landon as Spiderman. He is totally into Spiderman right now, even though he has never seen a cartoon or anything about it.






We went to a JCB (tractors) party and they told each kid to take a pumpkin home. I don't think they knew I have 5 children. Anyways we snagged 3 of them and they were huge. We had fun cleaning out the guts, as the kids would say.
On Halloween night our cul-de-sac all gets together to BBQ then go trick or treating. Lots of family are invited to join also so there's probably 30 people or so. This year we had David's parents come and my mom and Boyd. When Mom showed up alone, I was disappointed Dad wasn't with her and called him a party pooper. About 10 minutes later, a creepy guy showed up wearing a black cape asking each person if they would like some of his potion. Some of the adults were getting a little nervous but as soon as he came towards me I knew exactly who he was. Sorry Dad to call you a party pooper. Thanks for getting into the spirit of it. I just wish I would've taken a picture of him.
The next morning the kids got up early and traded their candy with one another. Do you remember when we did that? I guess it's just an instinct kids have.


3 comments:

Robert and Becky said...

That is so funny about your dad! Yeah I totally remember trading candy. I have always hated milky ways so they were the first to go! Luckily, those were Dondra's favorite so they were a good bartering chip.

Tendra said...

Cool costumes everyone! I wish we could have seen Grandpa...

Lynette said...

Oh, the candy trading days! I remember talking Boyd and Ginger into exchanging the good candy for the hard, cheap candy! Those were the days!