Friday, October 3, 2008

Hawaii

Well, the peeling has stopped and the tan is fading so I better post some pictures on Hawaii.

We first arrived to Kauai, checked into our room and drove around looking for a good snorkeling spot. On Thursday we went up to the North Shore and enjoyed a full day at Tunnels Beach snorkeling, laying out, snorkeling, relaxing, sleeping and snorkeling. Yes, this is the day we got burned. You forget how exposed your back and arms are to the sun when you snorkel. We swam with turtles and tons of fish. Afterwards we enjoyed a coconut. Actually I realized later the coconut wasn't ripe and it was gross. I was suppose to drink the juice but yeah right! We fell into a tourist trap.














On Friday we kayaked a river and hiked to Secret Falls. Then we went to Poipoi Beach for more snorkeling, relaxing and enjoying the sunset.









I have to put this in because Lynette and Justin worked so hard to get the lighting just right. Notice the umbrella that we borrowed for the shot.




On Saturday we went on a fun bike ride. I keep telling David that I want to get a tandem bike when the kids are older and I don't need a baby seat on the back of mine. So of course we had to try them out. I think I'll leave the front seat to David though. Afterwards we head to Honolulu. We immediatly went to Hanuma Bay and, yes, snorkeled, relaxed, and slept.






On Sunday we went to Church and took a tour of Pearl Harbor




Monday was our crazy day. Justin and David started the day off in a cage 3 miles off the coast of the North Shore surrounded by sharks! They took an incredible Hawaii shark encounters tour and loved it. If we had another day they would've done that again. Lynette and I found a nice beach, layed out, played cards, and enjoyed the scenery!













Afterwards we went snorkeling at Shark's Cove and then to the Polynesian Cultural Center.





Anyone who has been there will probably remember this guy. Notice he's on his tiptoes.





We did miss our kids during the week and here's proof.





We had a wonderful time. We didn't do everything that we wanted to do so I guess we will just have to go back someday.




Thanks Lynette and Justin for a great time and the great photos. Thanks Dondra and Cheri for watching the little ones for us. So we are looking for travel mates for a cruise in 3 years. Anyone?? We are thinking the Eastern Carribean??

4 comments:

Ginger and Gregg said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Wish we could have gone!

Lynette said...

Fun! Fun! Are you sure you don't want to be on the two year plan? Thanks for a great time!

Tendra said...

What a wonderful trip! That looks amazing. I'm glad you guys had such a great time. And I'll start saving my pennies for a Caribbean cruise.

Robert and Becky said...

Yea! you updated and what a good reason to blog! You make me want to go back. I am glad that I finally got to see pictures!