Thursday, August 21, 2008

Summer Happenings

Now that summer is officially over (although it's still 106 degrees but school started so for me summer is over) I wanted to post our summer happenings.
We went to the Hall of Fire Museum in Phoenix. There were tons of old firetrucks that were really cool. We saw Curious George and had a great family outing.

Yes, they are officially pierced. I didn't see even one tear just a surprised look. Last year, when I got my ears pierced for the first time at age 34, she was going to get them pierced also. But while we were waiting a girl around 8 was getting hers pierced. She was screaming bloody murder so Jordan changed her mind.




L

4th of July weekend we went to Cottonwood. Abbco has a house that they are renting for a few months for the guys to live in for a job. So we took advantage of the Abbco perks and stayed for the weekend. It was a nice 3 bedroom house. On the 4th, we drove to Sedona (dropped of a sign), to a fish hatchery, then went to LoLoMai Springs. This is very similiar to Sunbeam or what Sunbeam could have been. We spent the afternoon swimming there and got caught in a hail storm. Later we went to the Cottonwoods celebration and watched fireworks. By far the best firework show we have ever seen. On the 5th, we met Mom and Dad at the Prescott parade and had fun watching with them. Next year, I hope to have a Abbco float in the parade with the boom truck and all the grandkids following behind.

Last photo and then I promise to stop. Notice Karah's hair here. My 10 year old daughter tried her hand at cutting hair. Not very good. David wanted me to take her somewhere to get it fixed but there was no fixing it. The front bangs were literally shaved and the new hair on the side was also cut. Before this she had no bangs, all one length. Yeah!! We were not pleased and Jordan would be very embarrassed if she knew I was posting this. Okay, she is probably alot like me but I did this to a Barbie and not my little sister. She has promised to leave all cutting of the hair to Camille, at least until Oct. 5th.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

It's so sad when summer ends! It looks like you guys had a great time though. Karah's hair doesn't look so bad. Have a great day!

Dionne said...

Hi Paula Jean -- this is Dionne Clifton. I found your blog through Lynette's. You have an adorable family -- it'll be fun to keep in touch through blogs.